QUT Library would like to acknowledge the following individuals and groups for their valuable contributions to the continuing development of this tutorial. For more information, please refer to feedback.
Study Smart (Pilot Mark III, 2011)
I would like to thank the following key staff for their efforts and support across this project:
- Vicki McDonald (Sponsor): for her guidance and strategic vision
- Judy Peacock (Service Manager): for her encouragement and ongoing support
- Carol Gauld & Craig O'Neil (Specialists): for their attention to detail and willingness to lend expertise
- Gabrielle Hayes (Project Officer): for her tireless work, professionalism and capacity for ideas
- Karin Medew (Project Officer): for her commitment to quality, willingness and flexibility
Further I would like to thank to following individuals who provided crucial feedback and expertise during the project:
- Ben Sherman & Marselan Wignall (Blackboard Development Team)
- Mark Magner (University Copyright Officer)
- Elizabeth Alvey, Kate Derrington, Bernadette Willans (Academic Skills Advisers)
- QUT cite|write Team (Elizabeth Alvey, Philippa Broadley, Lynn Evans, Sally French, Kate Harbison)
- SALT Team (Helen Batchelor, Megan Brodribb, Kate Derrington, Karin Medew, Melinda Parkinson, Nerida Quatermass, Helen Woodman)
- Law Library (Cathy Crawford, Nerida Quatermass)
Thank you all for helping us to review, refresh and rejuvenate Pilot into the new and improved Study Smart.
-Luisa Rossitto (Pilot Mark III Project Manager, 2011)
Pilot Mark II (2005)
As Project Coordinator, I would like to acknowledge the following individuals and groups who played an important role in the redesign of this online tutorial:
- Kurt Vollmerhause (Project Manager): for his comprehensive and efficient project management, high-level technical knowledge and his diligent attention to accessibility aspects;
- Suzanne Sheppard (Project Officer): for bringing a fresh and experienced perspective to recrafting the content and learning resources for the "new" user;
- Jillian Rowe (Project Officer): for applying her educational expertise and skills to the creation of a more cohesive pedagogical framework for Pilot;
- Julian Kapitzke (Computing Support Officer): for problem-solving technical issues and ensuring that the project's technical and technically-dependent objectives were achievable; and
- Tim Robinson (Visual Communications Designer): for applying his fresh creative skills to a more engaging design and look and feel of both Pilot and it's learning activities.
- QUT Library Pilot Mark II Development Reference Group: For their professional guidance and expertise regarding content-related, technical and user-related issues: Stephanie Bradbury; Kate Harbison; Nicole Healy; Joanna Logan; Nerida Quatermass; Ellen Thompson; and Michael Whiteway.
- QUT Library - Systems Group: For releasing core staff to work fulltime on the project, as well as providing additional staffing, financial and technical support for the project beyond the original parameters: special thanks to Sarah Fredline, Systems Manager.
- Judith Peacock (Pilot Mark II Project Coordinator, 2005)
Original service development (1999)
- California State University: For their generous permission to use and adapt the conceptual framework, content and source coding of their tutorial on which the original version of PILOT was based.
- AccessED - Education Qld (formerly Open Access Unit: For the incomparable professionalism, creativity and enthusiasm with which they approached Pilot's technical and structural development. QUT Library would like to extend special thanks to the OAU Project team of Jan Richardson (Project Manager), Darryl Lyons, Frances Kerr and Ross Booker (Graphic Artist).
- QUT Library Project team: For their invaluable assistance in the management & coordination of the Pilot project: Robyn Tweedale; Alice Steiner; Kim Ranger (visiting librarian, Grand Valley State University, Michigan, USA).
- QUT Library - Information Literacy: For the enormous dedication, knowledge and diligent attention they brought to the modification and authorship of the content: Maria Thompson; Jocelyne Poirier; Stephanie Bradbury; Alice Steiner;
Robyn Tweedale; Liisa Isokangas; Martin Borchert; Sue Collins; Peter Sondergeld (with the assistance of Andrea Rankin, visiting librarian - UniSA).
- QUT Library - Systems: For providing technical support and assistance regarding the QUT and Library networking environments: Sarah Fredline and the Library Systems Group.
- Judith Peacock (Pilot Project Manager, 1999)
Institutional customisations and contacts
The following institutions have customised, or adapted parts of, Pilot: Your information navigator to suit their needs: